The rain is relentless today. I haven't seen anything like it in years. Not only did it rarely rain in Denver, it never rained for long, continuous periods of time. Today's downpour has been non-stop. I find it absolutely beautiful and refreshing but I know I would appreciate it so much more if our house was heated. The first few months in San Diego had me nearly convinced that we would NEVER need the heat. But alas, it has been way CHILLY here recently. Even now I have four layers on my top half, and two below.
I even sported a snow cap this morning as I brewed my joe. Beckham has been in his "winter" coat all day today -- INSIDE the house. You see, we finally decided Saturday evening that we needed some heat. And when Matthew went to turn it on, he found he didn't quite know how. Atop that, the rental office was closed for the weekend. Praise God we have two portable electric heaters, both of which are running full steam right now. As long as we stay in the vicinity of the heaters, we are good. Apparently our situation isn't perceived as overly dire: the rental office won't be sending anyone over to get the heat up and running until tomorrow... On a happier note, I was channeling Scrooge all last week (that isn't the happy part). The palm trees, the unending sunshine, the unseasonably warm temps -- it is ridiculously challenging trying to embrace the holiday spirit here. It wasn't until yesterday when we finally purchased and decorated our Christmas tree that Scrooge disappeared (the happy note). Our tree is quite lovely, the wonderful scent of pine lingers in the air... Christmas is here! Bah humbug no more!
1 comment:
How funny that you are stuck inside because I just finished reading your Christmas card and a bit jealous that you get to spend so much time outside- at the beach of all places ;-) That rain you are getting is snow for us. It's been snowing since Saturday night and it supposed to snow every day all week! But I guess it does make for a "White Christmas"!
Post a Comment