Fog. A dense coating of such caused many an annoyance at the San Diego airport on Monday. Our afternoon flight was delayed three full hours. The airport was insane, flooded with spillover Thanksgiving travelers all piled atop one another in the tiny Southwest Airlines wing. Normally this isn't a big deal, but the rules change when a toddler is in the mix. Fast-forward to that evening: Our initial resort room didn't have a bathtub (a toddler necessity). Per our request, we were quickly relocated, and to our delight, upgraded to a spa level masterpiece of a room, twice the size and much newer. God is good! The next day Matthew conferenced and Beckham and I headed out to the Bay area "burbs" of Walnut Creek and surrounding area. Can you say BEEE-UUU-TEEE-FULLL? Lush landscape, tall REAL trees (opposed to fraudulent palms), and actual mountains. The drive out was lovely but short lived as my GPS declared "battery low." Good thing I had already planned to check out a local Target store. The Target trek equipped me with the necessary GPS charger and confirmation that indeed this part of the world is more expensive. No surprise there. The Claremont Resort (where we were stationed) is located blocks from the Berkeley campus and the vibe is somewhat Boulder-like, yet off the charts different. The homes surrounding the Claremont are stunning, as were the abodes (read: mansions) in nearby Piedmont, an Oakland neighborhood. Passing one dream home after another I found myself wondering is there gold in the water? How do SO MANY people live SO WELL?? Excessiveness is seemingly the norm here, so where do the normal folks live? Where would we live? My expectations and hopes for the trip (of closure) are far from realized. I didn't leave with a peace for relocating, nor did I feel that the Bay area isn't for us. Simply, I am open. And if I truly want God's hand in the mix, open is the best thing to be.
Adoption Fundraiser T-shirts!
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment