
For the past seven years, mid-November equated to only one thing in my mind: opening days of ski season. Even when I pregnant and unable to ride, and even now, far and away from the slightest of snow flurries, the excitement of tearing up early season snow is inevitable. I feel as though my internal clock is baffled. It is autumn, is it not? Where are the barren trees? The chilly air? The cloudy skies? Yesterday I adorned a swimsuit and slathered on the sunscreen; just another day at the beach. Record highs are predicted for this weekend and yet Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Seriously, I feel a bit delusional. I must admit that the beach is much more conducive to a youngster's playtime capabilities than the mountains.
Beckham runs fearlessly towards the incoming tides and upon feeling the tingly cold water, retreats as quickly as his little feet will carry him. We (adults) build little bucket sand castles and instead of adding on,
Beckham determinedly works to destroy such creations. He could do that for hours: we build, he destroys; build, destroy. But back to fall/winter: my parents reported that the nearby town (near to them) of Spearfish, SD was hammered with so much snow that the local
Walmart roof collapsed. Thankfully this happened around 6am, and was free of most employees and any customers. But can you imagine? Several feet of snow! And it is only November... I suppose if we are to be anywhere during a rough, long winter, San Diego is quite ideal. Well, I need to go rinse my swimsuit now as I'll be wearing it again -- tomorrow. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment