The past few days have been especially long. Beckham has somehow concluded he no longer needs an afternoon nap. It was initially distressing when he went from two naps a day to one. But to go from one nap to NONE? Not acceptable. That is my downtime. Sometimes my nap time. He is a constantly moving wad of endless energy. What is even more amazing: he isn't cranky (knock on wood). He isn't showing even the faintest signs of fatigue. He is happy, energetic, and into everything! Today we went to Coronado Island and were among the handful of people at the beach. I have never seen it so empty. The weather was perfect and I discovered a bevy of tiny sand dollars, totally intact. It was a magical morning! But Beckham was in his own little world. He just walked along the sand ahead of me, driven towards what I don't know. He was so far ahead of me at one point a woman asked in an almost concerned tone if he was mine. After I reassured her that he wasn't a shipwrecked orphan she observed, "Adventurous little guy, isn't he?" Lady, you have no idea.
Adoption Fundraiser T-shirts!
12 years ago
1 comment:
I can totally relate...Josh had a 45 minute morning nap and no afternoon nap.....he also was pretty happy and didn't really seem to get tired until 30 minutes before bedtime....aren't our babies supposed to be sleeping 2 or 3 hours of naps per day....I need the naps just to recharge so I can continue running after him. :)
Post a Comment