Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." (Joseph Campbell)  Who this Mr. Campbell is, I've no clue. What I do know is that this quote of his has resonated in my heart and mind for the past couple months. New Year's has always been a joyous time for me -- not so much the eve/partying element, but more so, the excitement and anticipation of a fresh start. I am always guilty of writing new year's resolutions -- and also guilty of failing to achieve such resolutions. I do suppose that things like "be more disciplined" and "lose weight" are quite vague, but nonetheless, I still enjoy writing them out and feeling invigorated at the possibilities. Each year I find that my list grows shorter -- as if aging brings on the wisdom and realization that indeed, only a handful of things really matter. This year I am resolving to get out of my own way -- or better worded, get out of God's way. I often feel to be more of an obstacle to God and His plans, than a willing vessel. But more than ever I hope to be useful to Him, and truly experience His blessings and witness the unfolding of His plans and miracles. I feel as though I genuinely want the life that God has waiting for me... Of course, I have some shallow, selfish resolutions too, but God willing, those will fall by the wayside in importance as we (as a family) experience His glory. Wishing you all a very happy, very God-filled new year!  

No comments:


Just another day at the beach