
The cold virus has exited the building and in its place is an energetic happiness. I LOVE the post-sickness rebound. That high that comes only after being low; sickly low. I realize this is the best I have felt since arriving in San Diego (I can almost hear my mom's sigh of relief). Last week was just good; good despite the daily monotony. Good despite the fact that we are in limbo. Many of you know that Matthew is exploring a job option (through his same company) up in Oakland. And many of you know we are hopeful that he gets it. VERY hopeful. He is excited about the challenge of the work itself, and we both feel that northern California is more fitting to our personalities. But the interview process is just that -- a process. And we are waiting to hear what, if any, the next steps might be. The only thing I dig about San Diego is the church community God's blessed us with. And I suppose I enjoy the fact that I know I can take Beckham to the park every day. No rain. Only shine. But we have already taxed out pretty much all the nature that there is to explore here. Beach (check). Nearby "mountains" (check). Deserts are on our "to do" list once the temps dip below 100 (December). One can only go to the zoo so much. And Seaworld? Legoland? Shopping? All quite daunting for the pocketbook. But we are making do. We are frequenting an area now that has dirt trails for running and great sunsets -- Mission Trails Gorge. Only a 12 minute drive from the house, it was impossible in the summer heat. But the temps are finally "falling" into the 70s and we've even spied a golden leaf or two on the ground. Signs of the autumn the rest of the world is experiencing...
No comments:
Post a Comment