Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Warmth of October

October has arrived yet fall is not quite evident in the San Diego air. Pushing 90 degrees here today, I find myself wondering what Christmas is going to be like. Guaranteed not to be white, I am sure. I am adjusting to southern California living. The aggressive driving doesn't feel all that crazy anymore; the blaring sun a norm. However, we are not beach people. If we were, heaven would be in our midst. Matthew is in Oakland/San Fran tonight, all week actually on business. He calls with a bit of elation in his voice. He digs northern Cali. The vibe is just different. I do miss the mountains, especially when I see photos of colorful aspens radiating with autumn's orange and red splendor. I am trying to be positive about being here: channeling Pollyanna every chance I get. Beckham helps make things more cheerful. That boy is a hoot. He is into EVERYTHING now. I love that when I go to pick him up from my gym's nursery, he sees me and runs -- yes, runs! -- into my arms, just ecstatic that I am back. I am now thoroughly enjoying motherhood (praise God!). And I can only imagine, that until BT becomes of middle school age, the days will only get better.

No comments:


Just another day at the beach